How to Remove Excel VBA Password? | Get the Right Solutions
Are you trying to open the VBA project in *.xlxs with encryption? It indeed is very hustling when it comes to opening files with passwords, which we added a long time ago. Therefore, after much consideration, we are here with multiple methods to crack VBA password in Excel.
We have been using Excel 2016, and now I am planning to update them but the VBA projects are password-protected. We locked the files a long ago, so apparently, no one knows what the password is. Is it possible to remove or crack Excel VBA Password?
The VBA Excel project is the programming language used within Excel to design simple projects. In general, it is a bundle of macro(s) with the host application which has coded the project. Now, let’s see how we can unlock password-protect Excel VBA project files using the below-mentioned approaches.
The Article Consists of
#1 – Crack VBA Project Password in Excel with Hex Editor
If you want to remove the passwords manually from your Excel VBA projects, Hex Editor is one of the options. Depending on the Excel file type extension, two distinct techniques are necessary to erase the passwords.
Note: Always remember to make a backup of the Excel files you’re working with before starting the manual process.
For XLS Files:
- Start by opening the password encrypted *.xls file in Hex Editor and search for “DPB“.
- Now replace the “DBP” with “DPX“. Then, save the files and exit the Editor.
- Use Microsoft Excel to open the files. As a result, a few errors will be displayed on the screen.
- Ensure to confirm the messages.
- Alt+F11 to open the VBA project and click on the VBA project properties from the Too menu.
- Now, change the password from the protection tab to something simpler that is easy to remember.
- Save the file and exit the current tab.
- Again, re-open the Excel Workbook and then access the VBA project window using ALT+F11.
- Enter the password that you just changed.
- Redo the same procedure in Point 5. Now, remove the password from the files.
- Save the files. Thus, you have the VBA Excel File without any password protection.
For XLSM Files:
The password removal process remains the same while there are some starting procedures.
- Switch the file extension from *.xlms to *.zip.
- Open the file in WinZip/WinRar.
- Search for the vbaproject.bin file and copy the file out of the Zip file.
- Still ensure the zip folder is still open.
- Then, search for “DPB” and change it to “DPX“.
- Further, save the files and copy the file to the zip folder(use the drag and drop method).
- Now, compress all the files to ZIP and change the file extension to *.xlsm.
- Now carry out the procedure from Step 3.
#2 – Remove Password from VBA Project in Excel without Hex Editor
Now, let’s learn how to Crack Excel VBA Password without the help of Hex Editor. Follow the below steps one by one:
- Start by opening the workbook with all the encrypted Excel files present.
- Press Alt+F11 and open Visual Basic Editor.
- Click on Insert-Module and paste the code into the VBA module.
- Press F5 and run the code to crack VBA password in Excel.
- Now, open the unprotected Excel VBA project.
Manual Method Limitations: These methods to crack Excel VBA passwords are time-consuming. Using these approaches, the files are processed one by one. As a result, breaking VBA code passwords in bulk in Excel takes a long time. You may also have problems breaking the password for a VBA project in Excel if you are a non-technical user. As you can see, there are a lot of steps to take, as well as formulas to remember.
Most Preferred Approach to Crack VBA Password in Excel
Since the free manual/Systematic method has several restrictions and limitations, we can crack a VBA password with VBA Password Remover. With the tool effortlessly remove the encryption from the VBA Excel files. Use the application to remove the VBA password in Excel 2016, 2018, etc.
Unlock password-protected Excel VBA Files in simple steps:
- Start the application of the appropriate version on any of the systems and follow the steps.
- Add the Excel files to the software interface using the dual Add buttons. Upload files using the Add File(s) and use the Add Folder(s) to import folders with multiple VBA Excel files. Press the Next button to move further.
- Thus, the tool will scan all the added files and load them to the panel. Use the Check box to select the files from the list. Once again press the Next button.
- The Select Destination location gives the freedom to choose a location to store the decrypted VBA Excel file.
- Hit the Export button to start the process of password removal from the Excel VBA project.
Within minutes the tool will remove the password from the files. Hence, the folder with the resultant file will appear on the screen. Press OK to confirm.
There are several times when we forgot the password for certain files and struggled to remove them. Therefore, here we are with multiple solutions to crack the VBA password in Excel. To access the encrypted Excel VBA project files, either we need to perform a full-length manual approach to remove the password or get the right application to unlock the files. Thus, get the application mentioned here to a long manual approach.
Common User Queries
Use the suggested software from the above links and follow the steps:
- Step 1: Add VBA Excel Files to the interface.
- Step 2: Press Next and Select Desired Files.
- Step 3: Browse a location to store the result.
- Step 4: Hit the Export button to initiate the process
Note: The toolkit supports all the Excel worksheets of different versions.
Yes. The software supports XLS, XLSB, XLSX, XLSM, etc.
The same product can be used to remove *.accdb VBA file encryption. For more details visit: Remove Password from Access VBA.