How to Transfer Entourage Data to Outlook 2011, 2016, etc.?
Mark Briggs | March 31st, 2022 | Entourage, Mac OS X
IF you are here to get the perfect method to import Emails from Entourage to Outlook Mac, then do not skip, read the complete article. While going through the article you will find out the reasons & the method to import the emails from Entourage to Outlook.
Entourage was developed by Microsoft for Mac OS 8.5 and later operating systems. Microsoft discontinued Entourage Mail, and Outlook for Mac took its place. It was included in the Office suite of Microsoft. Being an email manager maintains all the emails, calendars, notes, contacts, etc. Al the email files from Entourage are exported in the .rge file extension. It contains all sorts of data such as emails, calendars, contacts, etc.
However, MS Outlook is similar to Entourage with slightly different with the provided features. It also manages all the email data – email messages, contacts, calendar, etc. Outlook Webmail is different for different OS. Also, store the email files in OLM & PST for Mac Outlook and Windows Outlook respectively.
As per the query we receive, the user still has email files from Entourage or using the webmail. To Transfer all the old Entourage to Outlook Mac, we have a better solution for you.
Phases for Entourage to Outlook Mac Migration
Here we have illustrated the simple steps for our Mac users to migrate Entourage to Mac Outlook with all the data including the attached documents.
- Export all Data from Entourage locally.
- Import Entourage data to Outlook 2011, 2016.
#1 Phase: Export Entourage Emails
Follow the steps mentioned below to get the email files locally to the system: –
- Start Entourage and go to the File option on the top menu.
- Click the Export button and select Items to an Entourage archive. Choose the required item & click on the arrow button.
- Now, choose a location and hit the save button to continue.
- Soon, the entourage will export all the data to the selected location. Press Ok to confirm the procedure.
Otherwise: Use the drag-and-drop method to store the files from the email client to reduce the time consumption.
#Phase 2: Import Entourage files to Outlook Mac
After saving all the email data from Entourage locally to an appropriate folder, use the tool – MBOX to PST Converter for Mac. As the email files are saved in .mbox format, the tool changes the file extension to *.pst format. Carry out the steps mentioned below to execute the Entourage to Outlook Mac migration.
Download for Mac Download for Windows
Step 1. Download the tool from the above link and launch the tool on OS X Mountain lion or above versions.
Step 2. Start adding the Entourage email files to the software pane using any of the options Add File or Add Folder.
Step 3. Then, press the Next button to proceed. Further, choose the desired folder or complete folder using the check box. Again, press the Next button.
Step 4. Now, from the select saving option opt for PST format and browse destination location to store the resultant Outlook PST files.
Step 5. Finally, click the Export button to start the process.
There you go. Now, effortlessly import the resultant file to the Outlook account of Mac or Windows OS. The converted file is UNICODE *.pst files, i.e., it is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
Solve all the Related Issues
- how to switch from mac entourage to mac outlook 365 for mac
- moving files from entourage 2008 to outlook 2016 for mac
- how to import all my emails into outlook for mac from entourage
- import entourage to outlook 2019 mac
- export mail from entourage to outlook mac
What is the Need of Migration?
The major reason to transfer the email files is due to the replacement of Entourage and Outdated features. Other than discontinuing the webmail, there are some vital reasons why users are switching to Outlook.
- Outlook users can access their emails and other data using the Offline mode.
- Offers advanced features like social connectivity, faster email processing, etc.
- Outlook is more secured than Entourage webmail.
- Also, MS Outlook expands its storage space as per the users data
Read other blogs: Export Microsoft Entourage to Apple mail
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, with the steps mentioned in this post migrate all the data from any Entourage editions to Outlook.
Add the Contact folder to the software using Add Folder options and perform the steps mentioned.
Yes, the resultant PST files are compatible with all the Outlook editions.