Export Gmail to MBOX Files in Bulk With 2 Best Methods
Summary: This article describes the two best methods for immediately exporting MBOX from Gmail without the need to install any appropriate email applications. We strongly advise you to read the entire article if you want to learn the best and most popular ways to export Gmail to MBOX.
Table of Contents
- Manual method to export Gmail to MBOX
- Some consideration while using manual way
- 4 simple Steps to export Gmail emails to MBOX
- A way to export all or specific data from Gmail to MBOX
- Detailed instructions for bulk exporting Gmail to MBOX
- Some valuable features of the suggested software
- Frequently asked question
How Do You Export Gmail Emails to MBOX?
The finest takeaway feature, a free Google tool that enables you to export all of your content, comprising Email, Google Photos, notes, schedule of events, and drive data, is the initial way to convert Gmail to MBOX. To use Google Takeout to convert Gmail emails to MBOX format, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
How to Manually Export Gmail to MBOX Files?
- To begin, sign in to your Google account at https://myaccount.google.com.
- On the left side of your newly established Google account welcome page, you will now notice a number of options.
- Select “Data & Personalization” from the range of choices now.
- To access the “Download, delete, or create a plan for your data” section, scroll down the page.
- Now you should choose the arrow next to the “Download your data” option.
- The first step in deciding which data to include is to pick “Mail” while deselecting every other option.
- At this point, choose the file type, frequency, and location.
- Click Create Export when a new page appears, then click Download.
The files that were downloaded will be kept in MBOX format. So, here’s how to export Gmail to MBOX using the manual takeout option. Although it seems straightforward, this tactic is not. Before using it, you should be informed of a number of downsides. View it, please.
Consideration While Using the Google Takeaway Features
- After you’ve produced an export, you’ll be warned that it can take hours or days to complete because the operations are time-consuming.
- Targeted email messages or folders cannot be exported. You are required to keep all account folders even if you don’t want to.
- If your data is large, it will be divided into more manageable chunks.
You can use the next approach to export Gmail emails to MBOX in order to get over these restrictions. So, have a look.
4 Simple Steps to Export Gmail to MBOX Files
- Install and launch the software on your device
- Add Gmail account into the application
- Select Gmail mailbox that you want to export
- Select target location and then click Save
Export Gmail Emails to MBOX While Selecting All or Specific Folders
The MacUncle Gmail Backup Tool may be used to get around the limitations of the previously outlined technique. This approach is completely effective for your type of data export since it enables you to batch export Gmail as MBOX while maintaining all other properties. Additionally, you have the choice of exporting certain directories. As a result, you won’t be compelled to export the complete database without your consent. When utilizing our tool, you are completely independent and free to work at your own pace and convenience.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Using Software to Export MBOX from Gmail
- To get the Gmail to MBOX Converter, click the link above. After downloading, you must install and run it in order to export Gmail to MBOX.
- Once the tool is completely working, you must connect it to your Gmail account. You must enter your Gmail login credentials and password.
- Each of your Gmail folders must be selected for conversion after being added to the tools left pane, and the saving choice must be MBOX.
- You may now use various filters to save particular emails into MBOX files.
- To convert Gmail to MBOX, proceed to the place where the generated files will be stored and click the Start Email Backup
- The moment you click the backup button, the export process is launched. You’ll be informed when it’s completed, and it won’t take more than a few seconds.
Discover Some Features of the Gmail to MBOX Migration Tool
- The software may export Gmail to MBOX in bulk with all attachments.
- Allows you to pick the folders you wish to export and uncheck others.
- It is absolutely safe to use and is compatible with Mac OS devices.
- It offers one of the most basic graphical users interfaces that any user can utilize.
- It offers a number of filters that allow you to export emails from certain dates and email fields.
- Allows you to choose where you want to save the resultant files.
Question 1: I only need to export a few Gmail mailboxes, not the entire account; is the manual approach appropriate for me?
A: When you utilize the Google takeout tool to export Gmail to MBOX, you must export the entire data set. You will not be able to filter it. The software is recommended for sending only the preferred mailboxes from Gmail to MBOX.
Question 2: I’m now running Mac OS 10.12 Sierra; is the tool compatible with it?
Yes, the recommended Gmail backup application is compatible with OS X 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, and other versions.
Question 3: Is there any kind of restriction on the application?
A: There may be some limitations in the demo version only. After purchasing the license, you can freely export Gmail to MBOX.
We have provided both manual and automatic methods to export Gmail to MBOX. The first method is to use Google Takeout, which allows you to export all data without allowing you to select any specific one. It takes time and is also not user-friendly. The Gmail email to MBOX Converter Tool is another option. It operates at the user’s convenience and is the simplest-to-use strategy. It’s an all-in-one solution that can also be used to export Gmail emails to PST and EML files. You must consider both strategies and select the one that best suits your needs.