How to Import CSV Contacts to iCloud Account ?
Mark Briggs | April 5th, 2023 | Mac OS X
CSV is a file format, that saves all data in a table-organized format and can be modified or generated by MS Excel. Besides, the CSV file can save many data items and contacts. Contacts are mostly used and the list is not just a phone number but includes the name, address, and address, business summary, fax number, email address, etc. Furthermore, different contact management supports *.csv files, which means that many people use this file format to save their contact information. However, the CSV format does not support iCloud and several Apple users are searching for a solution to import CSV contacts to iCloud Accounts.
Thus, in this article, we have come up with convenient solutions. Here, we will show some of the most reliable and simplest alternative solutions.
Table of Content
Methods to Transfer CSV Contacts to iCloud
There is no direct way to import CSV files into the iCloud Address Book, as we all know. Therefore, first, a conversion to the VCF file format is required. Besides, some workarounds for performing the task are listed below:
Use CSV to iCloud Tool
Instead of implementing the time-consuming manual process using Google Mail, if you are looking for a fast and efficient conversion solution, then you must try CSV to vCard Converter for Mac. It will allow you to convert your CSV files directly, which will save a great deal of time. This tool is a direct way without any hassle to accomplish the job.
Follow the step-by-step procedure to import contacts in CSV files to iCloud accounts:
1. Launch the software. Select the CSV files or folder consisting of CSV files using Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) respectively. Click the Next button.
2. The tool loads all the files/folders on the software and chooses the desired files to import to iCloud. To proceed click the Next button.
3. Choose iCloud Contacts and browse the destination location to save the VCF file on the system. Click the Export button to start the process.
4. Soon you will receive a few notifications on completing the conversion.
The user can also try and explore its functional aspects with the free demo version of the software. You can buy a licensed version once you are satisfied and continue to import CSV files to iCloud contacts as featured in the application.
Convert CSV to VCF Format via Gmail
- First, “Log in” to your Gmail account to transfer contacts from the CSV file to iCloud Contacts.
- Navigate to the upper right corner of the screen and Hit on the Google Apps icon. Choose contacts.
- Then, in the Contacts window, select the Import option from the menu list.
- Now, the Import Contacts wizard will pop up, here hit the Select File button and after selecting the CSV address book file press the Import button to Import the CSV file to iCloud Address Book.
- Let the contacts from CSV format to the iCloud Exported successfully.
- In this step, into your Gmail Account click on Export.
- In (Gmail Account) Export Contacts window, select All Contacts option from Which contacts do you want to move? section and choose vCard (Virtual contact file) format as the export file format. Eventually, Hit on the Export button.
- Now, the contact .vcf file will start downloading on your local machine.
Import CSV Contacts to iCloud after Exporting to VCF Format
- Use Apple’s username and password to log in to iCloud.
- Then, to transfer or import the CSV address book to iCloud, click on the Contacts button.
- Navigate to the down-left preview panel in the new window, select the Settings tab, and choose the Import vCard option to import CSV contacts to iCloud.
- Now, search your VCF file on the system and press the Open button to import CSV contacts to the iCloud account.
- After that, transfer all the contact to iCloud and you can access them conveniently at any time from anywhere.
In real-time, contacts play an acute role in communications, exchange of information, and arranging meetings. This technical document contains all the information essential for importing CSV contacts into iCloud. The automated technique is covered in the blog that can assist all those users who are looking for the same solutions.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes. You can use the software to import CSV contacts to iCloud from Outlook effortlessly.
Using the professional edition, you can add multiple *.csv contact files to the software GUI.
Get the tool to group upload CSV contacts to iCloud account directly without repeating any steps.