PST to Yahoo Mail Migration | Best Solution for Direct Transfer
Mark Briggs | August 23rd, 2022 | Mac OS X
Today we will know the steps to import Outlook PST to Yahoo Mail accounts. Due to the higher demand for the migration of Outlook emails in PST format, MacUncle has the illustration for a simpler solution.
Yahoo is one of the most widely used free email services among all other web services. The two most widely used email clients by millions of users are Outlook and Yahoo. Yahoo is a web-based email client, whereas Outlook has both a desktop version and a web-based email client.
All user data for Outlook desktop applications is kept on the user’s computer. This means that data from Outlook can only be accessed from a single system, allowing the PST file to be imported into Yahoo mail.
#1 Approach to Import Outlook PST to Yahoo Mail
The software application PST to IMAP Converter is perfect in the current tech market. Using the application itself move multiple email files from MS Outlook. Just with the Add buttons, we can transfer multiple files to the Yahoo Mail account. The toolkit does not request any additional application installation to complete the process.
Download for Mac Download for Windows
How Can We Move the PST to Yahoo Account?
- Start the tool after the installation.
- Add the Outlook data PST to the software using any of the adding options. Either upload single files or use the Add folder(s) to add the entire folder. Press the Next button.
- Again, choose the files using the check box to migrate the files. Then, again press the Next button to proceed.
- Further, select the IMAP option from the list. Enter the email address and password to the required field. Also, fill in the IMAP details and press the Start Export button.
In a matter of time, all the emails selected will be moved to the Yahoo Email account.
#2 Methods to Migrate PST to Yahoo Mail
Microsoft always gives out the best feature for the users which includes the option to move or add email files to another account. Go through the procedure and figure out if the manual method works.
- Start the Outlook account, and select the File tab.
- Then, Press the Add account button.
- From the Service page, choose POP/IMAP – Next.
- Then, add the Yahoo credentials and the server details.
- Click the More Setting button.
- On the following screen, select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the radio button next to the (SMTP) server that requires an authentication option after checking it. Adapt your settings to those of my incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab, then verify the parameters as follows:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
- Then click Finish >> Next when all is finished.
- After the setup is finished, press the Next button.
- Further, a message will show up on the screen once the installation is finished. Click Finish to import PST data into Yahoo Mail.
- After the setup process, an Outlook window displaying Yahoo messages will appear.
- Select the PST file’s folder if you want to import it. Drag and drop it into the Yahoo folder.
- Then, using your account information, open the folder where you stored the PST file. All of the Outlook mails are visible in that folder.
Why the Automated Method is better than Manual Practice?
From the above section we know you might have chosen a method. However, let’s see the major distinction between the approaches based on the scenario.
Quick Solution with Bulk File Migration: IF there are files to migrate to any other email client, complete the task with a third-party tool. A single, as well as batches of files, can import to the Yahoo account.
Transfer any Type of PST Files: Any type of Outlook file can be transferred to the Yahoo Mail account. The contacts, calendars, etc. can be imported to any email client.
Import Outlook PST to Yahoo Mail account with the techniques mentioned in the article. The write-up has one of the most preferred applications to convert and migrate email files in *.pst format. Moreover, the two different methods are applicable to the situation we are in.