Remove Attachments from Gmail without Deleting the Emails
We are here to figure out the best ways to remove attachments from Gmail emails. Deleting the attachment to save up the storage space can be a tedious task if the unwanted attachments are from different emails. Thus, we will check how to delete attachments from Gmail emails without deleting the emails.
Gmail has 15 GB of free storage space for inbox. Even though it can appear to be adequate, if you use the space frequently, you could end up using it all. Bulky attachments that take up unnecessary space in your email are typically the blame. The best way is to remove attachments from Gmail emails if you want to keep the emails. Go through the two techniques to just delete attachments in Gmail.
Manually Delete Email Attachments but Keep the Emails
You can purchase additional storage from Google, or you can search for and delete any emails that contain huge attachments. There is a “SIZE” feature in Gmail that you can use to locate large emails.
- Go to the search bar and type SIZE:1MB.
- Then, to free up space, you can choose all those attachments one by one and delete them.
However, there may be times when you don’t want to get rid of the original email messages because they might contain important information, you’d rather keep but only want to get rid of the attachments or make a copy of them to remove from the original message to preserve the space. Since Gmail does not yet have this feature, we have the best way to delete attachments from the email’s messages directly. Check out the next section to learn more about the software.
Delete Attachments from Gmail without Deleting the Email
The Email Attachment Remover can remove attachments from a Gmail account. Gmail attachments can be deleted separately from the emails themselves, saving you from having to delete entire emails. In this manner, you preserve the text of the emails’ valuable information while freeing up Google storage. Even before deleting the attachments, you can make a backup of them.
The trial version allows to removal of the first 20 attachments from the Gmail emails. It has all the important features that are included in the pro version of the tool.
Follow the Steps Below to Delete Gmail Email Attachments
- First, get the version of the tool as per the need and complete the installation.
- Select Gmail from Email Source and enter the credentials to the software panel. Press the Login button.
- Soon all the email folders will get loaded to the panel. Select the desired folder to remove attachments from specific folders in batches.
- Go to the Filter option to use the selective attachment deletion options. Set the filter options.
- With MacUncle we can remove only the selected Attachment types.
- Move back to the 2nd tab and press the “Delete” button.
How does the Software Stand Out from the Manual Approach?
Remember that a software program’s functionality can change based on the developer and the intended use case. You could anticipate the following standard features in such software:
- Bulk Removal Feature: To handle numerous emails and attachments at once, the software offers batch processing. The software will allow batch emails in a single process.
- Selective Removal: Whether you want to delete all the attachments in an email or just a few of them, you should have the option to do so. Therefore, we have the filter options to selectively remove attachments from different email addresses or of different types.
- Preview the Folders: The software may allow you to examine the entire account folders such as Inbox, Send, Draft, Spam, Important, etc. Choose the folder to delete the attachments from Gmail Inbox or other folders.
- Save Attachment before Deleting: The user can choose a location to extract the attachment from the Gmail account and delete the same from the account. Thus, backup the important files before permanently deleting them.
- Security: Check that the software securely handles attachments, especially when working with sensitive data. Data security shouldn’t be compromised. You are only logged in to a temporary profile, the tool does not save any data from the user’s account.
In this blog article, we’ve demonstrated how to utilize the distinct technique to delete attachments from Google accounts without deleting the emails also maintaining the integrity of the message. If there are only a few attachments to erase, then the manual method is Unattached. However, multiple emails can be processed simultaneously using the program mentioned here. And recover the Google storage space by removing unwanted attachments.