Extract Emails Attachments from Apple Mail Account
Apple Mail is a program that comes with Mac OS X. It is being one of the common email clients used by mac users. Therefore “Save Attachments from Apple Mail” is the top requested solution.
You must understand how to save an attachment so to can access it later since attachments are a convenient way to share things over e-mail. The fact that all the email client does have the manual approach to export attached documents.
Hi MacUncle, could you please guide me with a simple technique to export email attachments from Apple Mail? I used the usual method to save all attachments but that isn’t working for me. There are several attachments in each email from each folder. Please help me out.”
#1 Manual Method to Save Attachments from Apple Mail
You can also remove attachments from several messages at once to free up space in your inbox. This is the procedure.
- Choose the emails whose attachments you want to save.
- Navigate to File from the menu, and select Save Attachments.
- Now select the location to store the attached documents.
- Finally, press the Save button.
Limitations of #1 Method: With the manual method, only a few attachments can be stored locally in the system. At a time only a few files can select and extract the attached documents.
#2 Method – Tool to Extract Emails Attachments from Apple Mail
Get the attached document using Software Email Attachments Extractor. The utility is keen to export attachments from different email clients. Thus use the iCloud option from the list of email clients and save attachments from Apple Mail.
Download the desired version from the below links
Steps to Follow to run the application:
- Start the application and choose iCloud from the list of email sources.
- Enter the email address and the password in the required field. Press the Login button.
- As a result, all the email folders will get scanned and loaded to the software interface. Select the folder or email file from the list to save attachments.
- Set a path to store all the attached documents else use Desktop as the primary location to export files.
- Go to the filter option to extract attachments from select email messages.
- Go back to the previous tab and press the Start Extract button.
Trial Limitation: The demo package of the tool has all the features but with a limitation of 25 files at first. It is to give a brief insight into how the software works. To overcome the limitation, use the upgraded edition and save all attachments from the Apple Mail account.
FAQ – Save Attachments from Apple Mail
The software scans all the folders and loads them to the panel, chooses INBOX, and proceeds with the steps. Also, the filter option can be used for selective email attachment extraction.
The tool does not demand any specific requirement when exporting attachments from Apple Mail. The software for Mac is compatible with all the latest editions of the tool.
Use MBOX Attachment Extract Tool to save emails from the Mac Mail emails files in *.mbox format. The tool works the same with the option to add files or folders.
Unique Features to #2 Approach
The comparison of the above two methods could vary to some extent. Therefore, we will provide the reasons to go with the application mentioned here.
- Save Attachments from Selective File
Since the tool list all the email folder, it makes the user easier to choose before saving the files. From the folder, the email messages can be selected one by one as per the user’s need.
- Filter and Save the Attached Documents
The advanced filter option will help to save attachments from Apple Mail. The options include From, To, Subject, Size, attachment with Extension, and Size of the document. Also, set a particular date range to extract email-attached documents.
- Compatible Program
Download the software on any OS X version above 10.8. The Windows version of the application is also available with the same feature.
Choose any of the approaches as per the need. The manual method is perfect to extract attachments from one or two emails. Whereas, the software is to save email attachments from multiple files at once. Thus, as per the need, select a method and follow the procedure.