Directly Transfer Hotmail to Mac Mail Account
Do you want to add Hotmail to Mac Mail / Apple Mail? What you’re searching for is here. Try either of the approaches mentioned in this article and forward your Hotmail e-mails to Mac OS Email accounts.
Hotmail was a very successful Microsoft webmail client in 2012. Now, the Outlook.com mail service is substituted for it. But the Hotmail account was continued by the users. Multiple platforms also exist, such as Windows and Mac that allow users to access the Hotmail account. If you are a Mac user and would like to use Hotmail on Mac, adding Hotmail to Mac Mail is a prominent way. It is the easiest way to get a Hotmail on OSX Devices.
Different Methods to Add Hotmail to Mac Mail
Get the suited solution to add Hotmail to your Apple Mail Account. In the coming session, you will get two different types of solutions to import/migrate/add emails from Hotmail to Mac Mail.
Method 1 – Transfer Emails from Hotmail to Mac Mail Account.
Method 2 – Access Hotmail Account using Apple Mail.
#1 Method – Migrate Hotmail Account via Third-Party Tool
Using an Email Backup tool for Hotmail is the prime solution we are discussing here. Thus, you need to have the application Hotmail Backup Wizard on Mac devices to perform this process. Copy emails from the Hotmail account safely in email formats supported. You will be able to import the file to the Mac at any time you receive emails, contacts, and calendar data from the local machine. You can also easily link the file to a different platform or device.
Follow the step-by-step procedure –
1. Launch the Hotmail to Mac Mail tool.
2. Enter the credentials and then hit the login button.
3. Now, the tool loads all the folders of the email on the software panel. Choose the MBOX format from the Select Saving Option.
4. Filter option: Backup selective emails from Hotmail Account according to Date range; From; To; Subject. Or export selective folder migration.
5. Thereafter, select the desired location where you want to store the resultant file. Press Start Backup. As a result, the tool begins the live process.
You can now use Hotmail on Mac by importing these emails to Mac Mail. The process of importing EML and EMLX files is quick. All you need to do is drag and drop emails from your Mac desktop to your Mail. In the case of MBOX format, import the file to Mac mail using the Import wizard. If you don’t find this choice feasible, you can use this alternative solution.
The tool also provides direct migration of Emails from Hotmail Account to Apple Mail with the help of the IMAP Option.
#2 Method – Access Hotmail via Apple Mail
The process is to set up Hotmail in Apple Mail Account. For this reason, perform the procedure as shown below
- Open your Mac Mail
- From the Mail menu, click the Add Account option.
- Choose another mail account from the email account selection screen, and press Continue.
- Enter your name, your Hotmail account, and your password. Then press the Sign-in button.
- Check the things you need to access in your Mac Mail, and then hit Done.
Note: This option will NOT allow you to move contacts and calendars to your Hotmail account. This option does not give you access to the Hotmail contacts and calendar on Mac. You will have access to all the mailbox things by the above form.
Import Hotmail MBOX Files to Apple Mail Account
- Start your Apple Mail on MAC Operating System.
- Click on the File and select Import Mailboxes from the list.
- Now, Choose File in MBOX format from Import Window. Click on Continue.
- Finally, select the desired Hotmail Mailboxes from the location
The article is all about accessing Hotmail emails on your Mac machine by transferring them to an Apple Mail account. If you want to transfer/add Hotmail to your Mac mail, the best choice is to get the tool mentioned above. You can choose the appropriate solution from them and quickly find a way to send Hotmail emails to Mac.