How to Import EML Files to Outlook in Batches?
In the write-up, we will discuss all the possible ways to import EML files to Outlook. Along with the approaches the limitations are also mentioned for the user to get the appropriate method as per the set of circumstances.
A simple overview of EML & Outlook: Email messages are saved on a file system in the EML format. Every message is kept in its file, and any attachments are included as MIME content. MS Outlook application is like any other email client used to Send, receive emails, manage contacts, etc. It stores the data in PST file format.
Table of Content
Manually Move the EML Files to MS Outlook
Like any other migration, here also we have the manual method to import EML files to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. Carry out the two different manual methods to transfer EML files.
Drag & Drop to the Outlook Folder
This procedure is the simple one among the others to import EML files to Outlook, follow the steps:
- Start the Outlook application on the system.
- Open the EML from the location it is stored.
- Drag the EML files and drop them into the Outlook application.
Limitations of the Drag & Drop Method:
- Need to repeat the steps if there are EML files in other folders.
- We cannot transfer the email attachments to Outlook using these steps.
Transfer EML Files to Outlook using Windows Live Mail
The method is also used by Windows Live Mail users to import EML files to Outlook accounts directly. Check out the steps here:
- Start the Windows Live Mail (WLM) and the Outlook application.
- In WLM go to File – Export – Email Messages.
- Choose the MS Exchange option in the list as shown in the image. And click the Next button.
- Press OK on the pop-up messages to confirm exporting all emails to MS Outlook or Exchange.
- Now you must select the folders to migrate. Then, press the OK button.
- Soon the process of transferring files starts, and finally click the Finish button.
- In this approach also you need an additional application installation, i.e., Microsoft Exchange.
- Only applicable to the email messages in WLM. To import EML files stored locally in the system needs to be added to Windows Live Mail to follow this method.
Master Way to Import EML Files to Outlook Account
As we discussed in the above approach, the need for external application installation is mandatory. We are here to find the solution to transfer EML files to MS Outlook, not email messages directly from any email client. Therefore, use the EML to PST Converter tool. The application precisely works to change the EML files to *.pst format for effortless migration to the Outlook account. If we have the PST file, then importing those files is very convenient.
Follow the steps to instantly move the emails from one place to another:
- Launch the software on the system and start to upload the EML files to the pane.
- Check the desired files to migrate to the MS Outlook account. Press the Next button to continue.
- From the list of saving options choose PST. Then set a location to store the final result.
- Press the Export button to start the EML to Outlook Migration.
Trial Version Limitations: While using the demo version user can transfer 25 EML files to MS Outlook. To transfer more than that user must upgrade to the pro version.
We here have different methods to import EML files to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. But to choose which one is the best is a task. Let’s conclude it like this, grab the third-party tool if you have a bunch of EML files and you want the data in *.pst format. Use the manual method if there are only a few numbers of EML files. The common or manual method does not guarantee the result to be 100% accurate. We assure to offer an absolutely reliable approach in a completely secure environment.