Perfect Steps to Transfer Outlook Email Files to Apple Mail Account
There are different procedures and methods to move email files from one server to another. The same goes for the process to Import PST to Apple Mail. With the article here we will be discovering the best and most straightforward procedure. Before going any further, read the query given below,
“I have Outlook 2010 and need to move my Outlook pst emails to Apple Mail. Recently I extracted all my email files to PST format since I am switching from Windows to Mac. Is it possible to import PST files directly into Apple Mail?”
As an answer to the query, yes. We can transfer the email files to the Mac Mail account directly. Just by following some steps, the Outlook PST files can be imported with the attached documents.
The Article Consist
Manual Steps to Convert Outlook PST to Mac Mail
- Sign in to the Gmail account and click on the gear icon. Click on See All Settings.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Hit on the Enable IMAP. Click on the Save Changes button.
- Then, open the Microsoft Outlook Application. Navigate to File >> Add Account. From the Account Settings wizard and click the New button. Choose Email Account and click on the Next button.
- Select the Additional Server Types or Manual Setup option, and hit the Next button.
- Select the Internet Email and click on the Next button.
- In the new tab enter the Email Address, Password, and Name.
- Change the account type to IMAP and type imap.gmail.com in Incoming Mail Server and smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing Mail Server box.
- Now, hit the More Settings button.
- Now, change the Outgoing and Incoming Mail Servers.
- The Outgoing Mail server, My Outgoing server required Authentication. And for Incoming Mail Server choose to Use the Same Settings As My Incoming Server.
- Then, click the OK button and Next.
- Hit the Finish and OK to end the SETUP.
- Drag & drop relevant emails from your Outlook account into any Gmail folder.
Start the Apple Mail application and select Mail >> Preferences.
Go to the Accounts tab and click on Add icon.
Enter the Name, Email address, and account password. Then, click Continue.
Finally, enter all the necessary information.
Incoming Mail Server
- Account Type: IMAP
- Description: Gmail
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: Gmail User Name
- Password: Set the Password
- Hit Continue button
Outgoing Mail Server
- Description: Gmail
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- User name: Gmail User Name
- Password: Gmail password
- Click on Continue and Check your Account Summary
- Hit Create button
- Now, drag and drop the PST files emails from your Gmail account to Apple Mail on your Mac machine
Limitations of Manual Method: From the steps, it is clear that one must know the technical aspects to execute the process. Also, they have to perform the process carefully without skipping any steps.
Use the steps in the blog to Transfer Outlook Emails to Gmail accounts.
Automated Method to Import PST to Apple Mail
Since the manual method needs extra attention, we have developed the application PST Converter. The tool works on Mac OS edition above 10.8 Mountain Lion. Change the file extension or transfer the Outlook PST files to the Mac Mail account directly. Either convert the files to MBOX format or use the IMAP option to migrate the email files.
Trial Version Limitation: The tool comes in two versions – Demo & Trial. The free demo version will allow the user to migrate 25 email files from Outlook to Apple Mail. Use the application to understand the working and the features. Get the tool upgraded to the Professional edition with a license key.
Steps to Run the Software to Convert PST Files to Mac Mail
Following are the steps to Import PST to Apple Mail Account:
1. Launch the software on the system.
2. With the Add button, upload the email files in *.pst format. Either add single or multiple files to the software interface. Press the Next button.
3. Now the tool will take you to a new tab to select the required email folder. And once again press the Next button.
4. Then, choose the MBOX option or IMAP option from the list. For the IMAP option, the user has to enter the account information – Email Address and Password. Also, enter the IMAP details.
5. From MBOX format, choose the destination location to store the email files locally to Mac. Then, later import PST to Apple Mail.
6. Finally, press the Export button to start the migration or conversion of PST files.
Within minutes the whole process completes. Check for the files imported to the Mac Mail Account.
Why & When to Get an Application?
The reasons varied from user to user. Therefore, we will be discussing the main cause of transferring email files to the Apple Mail account.
- The Mac Mail is the free email program that comes standard with Mac OS. Customers are progressively switching from Outlook to Mac Mail for email.
- When customers switch from Windows to Apple Mac, they must import their Outlook data (.PST) into the Mac (.mbox).
- The automated technique will allow users to transfer the email straight to the Mac Mail account.
- Bulk migration is possible with the help of the application.
Regardless of the reasons perform the procedure to Import PST to Apple Mail accounts. The different common and best method is available here. Select an option and complete the task by transferring the emails to the Mac Mail account. As we would recommend an individual to choose wisely.