How to Import vCard Contact List to Outlook 2007, 2010, etc.?
Mark Briggs | December 27th, 2022 | Mac OS X, vCard
Today, let’s discover the technique to import vCard to Outlook on Mac system. Move contacts in .vcf format to Outlook account effortlessly by following the procedure suggested in the article.
“Hi, I just extracted my contacts from Gmail in .vcf formats to import the files to Outlook account. Other than the exported file I’ve there are like 50 other contact files. I need to import all the contacts files to Outlook 2013. Could you please suggest a secured method to transfer my files?”
vCard/VCF & Outlook
vCard File format (.vcf extension) is the standard file format to store contact information. VCF formatted files are popular among large organizations due to their compatibility with different devices and applications. It contains contact information – name, address, email address, contact number, etc. with other important personal information.
Microsoft Outlook is the common email application to send & receive emails. It supports Mac & Windows. With Outlook everything is easy such as the management of personal data, calendar, contacts, etc. The email files are stored in *.pst format as a copy.
To import vCard to Outlook on Mac, initially convert the VCF files to .pst format and then, migrate the files to Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, etc.
Find out how to Convert vCard to CSV Mac OS X
Manually Import vCard Contacts to Outlook
MS Outlook offers an Import/Export solution for Outlook users. With the option, to import vCard to Outlook 2016. Following up are the procedure for the Manual method:
- · Start MS Outlook and press the File option.
- · Go to the Open & Import option and select Import/Export.
- · Choose import a .vcf file & press the Next button.
- · Now browse and select the vCard file to import.
- · Finally, click the Next button to proceed with the migration.
Limitations: The manual or common practice of importing a contact list in .vcf format is simple but not recommended for multiple files. For batch migration of the contact list, one must go through the steps repeatedly. Therefore, we have an automated solution for our users.
Best Method to Import vCard to Outlook on Mac
vCard Converter for Mac OS – an all-in-one application to change the VCF extension to different commonly used file formats. The wizard comes with multiple features out of which batch migration of vCard contacts to Outlook is among them.
Download for Mac Download for Windows
Add single or multiple files *.vcf to the panel with the Add button. Also, able to upload one or more complete folders with multiple vCard contacts. Perform the steps below to import vCard to Outlook on Mac regardless of the information in the files.
1. Start the tool on macOS 10.8 or above editions.
2. Add a vCard file or folder with VCF files on the tool.
3. Soon the utility will load all the files to the software panel. Click the required contact file, as a result, complete information will display with Full name, Email, etc.
4. Go to the Convert option in the top menu and select Convert to another format to import vCard to Outlook on Mac. Also, select up destination location to store the converted file in a specific location.
Finally, press the OK button to initiate the procedure.
Why vCard to Outlook Tool?
A manual method to import multiple vCard files to Outlook is the end of the discussion. Therefore, MacUncle has come up with an application offering batch conversion. More than bulk migration, here are some of the other vital traits of the tool,
- Even after conversion, the data in the vCard files will not alter. Get the exact result in another format.
- The tool supports all the versions of VCF files – vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, and vCard 4.0,
- No need for an external application such as Outlook to execute the process.
Well, the article here has two different methods to import vCard to Outlook on Mac. The choice is yours, choose an appropriate method. To import mass contacts into outlook from the vCard file use the third-party tool as recommended.