How to Import Outlook PST File to Office 365 Account?
Summary: The article has all the important information on how to migrate Outlook PST to Office 365 account. We here have elaborated the manual or the common practice and the software solution. First, let’s see the queries to know about the scenarios and grab the solution as per the need.
“Hi, do you have any method to transfer the Outlook data to the O365 account? I browsing the internet I found multiple methods to move emails to another account. But what I want is a solution to move emails to two different O365 accounts.”
Now, go through the approaches to move Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, etc. data to Office 365.
Expertise Solution to Migrate Outlook PST to Office 365
If you have a bunch of Outlook data in *.pst format, then the right software is PST Email File Converter. Add the files to the software panel ad get them migrated to Office 365 without the conversion. Using the two different options upload multiple files to the interface. Therefore, in a few clicks import the files to any account using the IMAP option.
Complete Procedure to Move Outlook Data
Below mention are the entire steps to migrate Outlook PST to Office 365. The process is very simple to execute since the application follows an algorithm that does not need any technical skills.
- Open the tool and start uploading the emails in *.pst to the software. After uploading press the Next button.
- All the files will get listed down. Click on the required check box to select the files to migrate. Further again press the button Next.
- A new tab will open up with multiple to choose the saving option. Click on IMAP from the list and enter the credentials of the O365 account as well as IMAP details.
- Press the Export button to initiate the process of migrating emails in *.pst.
Within a few clicks, the selected files will get transferred to the MS Office 365 account. From the steps, it is clear that there is no need for any additional conversion process.
Trial Edition Limitations: The free edition of the application is to understand how the application works. At first, you can migrate 25 email files to your Office 365 account. It gives a complete insight into the software and its features. However, to import more than the 25 emails, use the Professional edition.
Manually Emails PST Emails to Office 365 Tenant Account
Before getting into the simple solution, let’s see how to migrate the emails without the help of any third-party tool. Since Outlook has two different file extensions for Mac & Windows, we have provided the procedure for the same respectively.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook (Mac)
- Now, Choose File >> Import
- Select the PST files of the Outlook Windows account.
- Select Import after using Browse to find the file on your computer.
- Further click Finish. Under On My Computer, the imported things can be seen.
- To store the folder(s) on the O365 servers, drag them to your Office 365 account.
Now follow the steps for the Windows Outlook Application.
- Start Outlook.
- Close all.pst files from the Outlook client that will be imported.
- Also, close the Outlook application.
- Restart Outlook
- Go to File >> Open & Export.
- Select Import or Export.
- Click Next after selecting “Import from another program or file.“
- After selecting “Outlook Data File (.pst)“, click the Next button.
- Select *.pst file by navigating to it and clicking Open.
- Then press Next. Choose the primary folder that contains all subfolders. Then tick the “Include subfolders” button.
- Finally, click Finish after selecting the “Import items into the current folder” option.
- The emails and folders will show up in the folder that is now selected. Drag and drop the emails and files to the proper spot if you need to make any last-minute alterations.
Why Choose an Automated Solution?
The reason one must try the automated solution is the quick procedure. In a few clicks, we can get the result. That is within the 3 major steps multiple files can be imported. Learn more features from here:
- Without the need for any conversion, we can transfer emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- In a single attempt transfer multiple files to Office 365.
- No Need to sign in to the O365 account individually, however, one must enter the account credentials.
- Double check the uploaded PST files on the software panel.
- To run the application there is no need for any technical skills.
Outline of Blog
To conclude, the article has two different solutions for different situations. Here we have the most requested solution to import PST files to Office 365. If you want to migrate multiple PST files then without looking any further, go with the recommended application.