How to Remove Duplicate Contacts from Android Phone
Your phone may occasionally make two or more copies of a single contact. This typically occurs when you sync contacts after a factory reset or when you change your SIM and unintentionally sync all your contacts. The contacts may become completely cluttered as a result, making it difficult to search through them. So, let’s figure out how to remove duplicate contacts from Android devices instantly.
Benefits of Removing Duplicates from Android Phones
There are many advantages to deleting duplicate contacts from your Android device. You may benefit from a streamlined and optimized contact management experience, which will ultimately increase your productivity and bring you peace of mind, by spending a little time cleaning up your address book.
- Improved Contact Organization: Eliminating redundant contacts streamlines your address book, making it simpler to locate and get in touch with the appropriate people. You can identify contacts quickly and effectively by removing unnecessary entries, saving you a lot of time and work.
- Effective Communication: Multiple contacts can result in unintentionally texting or dialling the wrong person. You can prevent potential misunderstandings, or miscommunications by eliminating duplicates.
- Effective Memory Use: On your Android device, duplicate contacts take up unneeded storage space. There might be a performance impact and a hindrance on system resources when there are hundreds or even thousands of duplicates.
- Increased Productivity: Maintaining a clean, orderly address book helps with productivity. Without any misunderstanding or waiting, you may quickly locate the appropriate contact for either personal or professional needs.
Manual Steps to Merge Duplicate Contacts in Android
Follow these steps to remove duplicate contacts from Android if you know the identical ones.
- On your Android device, launch the Contacts app.
- In the top right corner of your screen, tap More (or the three dots icon).
- Select the duplicate contacts from the list of single or multiple files as you scroll down.
- Press the delete key.
Limitations: This is the common practice of removing contacts from the phone. But we here are discussing a solution to remove only the repeated duplicate contacts. Moreover, If you know the duplicate contacts, then removing the duplicate contacts is easy if there are only a few contacts.
Contact synchronization with Gmail is generally enabled if you like to keep a backup of your data. All of your contacts will sync with the Gmail account associated with your phone thanks to an Android built-in function.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts from Android Mobile
Delete the contacts from the Android phone using the vCard File Duplicate Remover. The software is developed with the most advanced algorithm with which it quickly recognized the duplicates in the VCF files. Export the contacts from the Android phone/tablet and use the tool to delete unlimited duplicates seamlessly without altering the other contact information.
Firstly, Export the contacts to the Android device.
- Start the contact app on an Android device.
- Tap on the 3 dots and go to Manage contacts.
- Now, press Export Contacts from the options.
- Select the Internal store to export the contacts.
The contact.vcf file will be exported to the Downloads folders.
Steps to Delete Duplicate Contacts from Android Phone
- Launch the software on the system on the system.
- Add the vCard / VCF file to the software pane using the two different Add buttons.
- Now choose the desired files from the uploaded files/folders.
- Click on the contact to get a complete display of the VCF file information.
- Go to the Remove Duplicate and set up all the required settings such as destination location, duplicate removal setting, etc.
- Press the Ok button to confirm the procedure.
In a few minutes, all the duplicate contacts will be removed from the VCF files.
Your contact list can get muddled over time, especially if you switch between devices. However, once the duplicates have been either merged or eliminated, it will be much simpler to dial the correct number. Therefore, we would recommend using the suggested method to remove duplicate contacts from Android devices.