How to Save or Backup Emails from Apple Mail to Mac Hard Drive?
Mark Briggs | March 3rd, 2023 | Apple Mail
Here are the different expertise techniques to backup Apple Mail to External hard drive. With the write up you will be able to download multiple email data from Apple Mail to any hard drive.
“Hi there, I am here to find out if there is any method to save the email data from the Apple Mail account. Currently, I am facing some issues while accessing my email account. So I would like to extract some of the important data from the email client. Hence those files will not get lost.” – Annie.
Apple Mail has about 18GB of storage space for email data. The storage space is enough to manage email messages and other data. But at some point, the space can exceed if you are ahead of a business. However, for some users, there might be a need to extract the data to the internal or external hard drive. Thus, let’s see with what procedure one can backup Apple Mail to an External Hard drive
Table of Content
Backup Apple Mail to External Hard Drive – Reasons
Downloading emails is one of the main tasks in the tech market. Right here in the querying user is afraid of losing data due to any malicious action. So here will discuss some of the significant needs for backing up email data. Maintaining an external device for confidential data is always a great option in the same situation.
a.) Simple Procedure: To save the data from Apple Mail is simpler than recovering data.
b.) The best option if Data Loss Occur: Backing up email data is the best and perfect tactic to save the emails before any data loss occurs.
c.) Storage limitation: Due to the limited storage space user are always keen to take the backup or delete email files from Apple Mail. So, backup Apple Mail to the external hard drive.
Learn the steps from the article: How to Transfer Mac Mailboxes to Office 365?
Common Method to Save Mac Mail Emails
Email migration always has a manual or standard practice. Therefore, we will discuss the manual technique and then proceed with the alternate one.
- Start the Apple Mail account on the system and select Mailbox Folder to export.
- From the menu option, click on Mailbox.
- Then click on the Export Mailbox… from the drop-down.
- Finally, choose the location to store the required mailboxes – *.mbox files and click the continue button.
Limitations: The manual method lacks if the requirement is for batch backup. To save unlimited email files from Mac Mail, the user has to perform the same steps repeatedly. Read the next section to get the bulk Apple Mail backup procedure.
Alternate Technique to Backup Apple Mail to External Hard Drive
Download the software Email Backup Tool for Mac or Windows. The toolkit is specified for taking email data backup to any file format. With the application choose any of the file formats or backup straight to another online email client. In either case, the results will be the same. Users are recommended to follow the procedure for the same.
- Start the application on your device to backup Apple Mail to an External hard drive. Choose the iCloud option from the Email source.
- A few fields will appear on the tab to get access to the Mac Mail emails. Fill up the required field such as Email Address and password and press the Login button.
- 3. Soon all the files and folders will display on the left panel of the tool. Select the desired folder.
- 4. Then from Select Saving Option choose an appropriate file format. Connect any external hard drive to the system and then go to the Destination Location to select the particular folder.
- 5. Further, for Selective conversion, press the Filter option. From the filter option user can set up any field such as Date Range, From, To, etc.
- 6. As the final steps press the Start Backup button to initiate the backup.
Backup Apple Mail to external hard drive with or without the attached document. The steps mentioned here are simple enough to follow by any tech or nontech individual. Thus, download the demo version and perform the procedure effortlessly by saving 25 emails from the Mac Mail account. Without any additional application, the whole process completes within the tool itself.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes. Select the required file or folder from the software and proceed with the backup.
Yes. Either get the MBOX File Converter if you have the mailboxes stored locally. Else get the Apple Mail Converter, which fetches the mailbox files from the default folder.
Select the contact folder and choose the CSV file format to store the contact list in *.csv (the best file format for the contact list).
For more details visit: Export Apple Mail Contacts to CSV