How to Import Yahoo Mail Folders to Outlook within a Few Clicks?
Yahoo offers a highly well-liked email service that is free to use. Yahoo offers 1TB of storage for your essential emails and data, as well as 100% encryption for all of your correspondence. After Gmail and Apple Mail, it is third. You do not need to repeatedly log into the web browser if you have a Yahoo account. However, you can quickly view your emails by adding the account in Outlook. Outlook, on the other hand, is a user-friendly program that arranges emails according to your needs. Now read the query and get the solution to import Yahoo Mail Folders to Outlook accounts.
“How can we transfer Yahoo Folders to Outlook 2010 account without causing any damage to the email files? If there are more than thousands of files, then it became very difficult. I tried to the IMAP configuration to add the Yahoo account to Outlook, but the situation I am in doesn’t need an entire account to be connected to MS Outlook.”
Table of Content
- Quick Solution to Import Yahoo Mail Folders to Outlook
- In 4 Steps to Move Emails from Yahoo Mail
- Manual Method to Import Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- Step 1: Using Outlook Forward Emails from Yahoo Mail
- Step 2: Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016 & Outlook 2019
- What to Choose Manual Method & Automated Approach
Common Practice to Switch from Yahoo to Outlook 201o/2013/2016/2019
Using two factors for authentication is Yahoo Mail. You need a password for the app in order to add Yahoo email to Outlook. Your Yahoo Mail password is not the same as this one. Once the app password has been created, you can use Outlook to set up your email. Go through each of the procedures to manually transfer emails from Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
Create Third Party Password to Import Yahoo Mail Folders to Outlook
- Log into your Yahoo Mail account
- Select Account Info by clicking the Info icon.
- Select Create app password.
- Choose Outlook desktop from the select your program selection by clicking.
- Select the Generate option.
- Finally, Copy the app password for Outlook.
Set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010
- Launch Outlook
- Choose Add Account under Files.
- Click New under the Email menu to start.
- Select Manual Setup or Other Server Types, then press the Next button.
- Choose POP or IMAP from the Add Account panel, further press the Next button.
- Enter your name and email address in the User Information field.
- IMAP should be chosen as the account type in the server information.
- Then, Set the incoming mail server to imap.mail.yahoo.com.
- As the Outgoing Mail Server, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SMTP)
- Then, enter your Yahoo Mail App password in the Login Information field, then select More Settings.
- Select the My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication checkbox by selecting the Outgoing Server tab.
- Now, Select SSL from the dropdown menu under Use the following form of encrypted connection, click the Advanced tab, and enter 993 as the Incoming Server (IMAP).
- Choose SSL from the dropdown menu that says, “Use the following sort of encrypted connection,” and enter 465 as the Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Click the Next button after selecting the OK button.
- Finally, click the Finish button to close the popup menu.
Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016 & Outlook 2019
- Launch Outlook
- Go to the File.
- Press the Add Account button.
- Type your Yahoo mail address into the box provided and press the Connect button.
- Enter your Yahoo mail App Password and select Connect.
When the connection is made, Outlook will download all your emails.
Simple & Direct Mechanism to Import Yahoo Mail Folders to Outlook
The software Yahoo Mail Backup Wizard with advanced features will help you to import emails or contacts from the Yahoo account to MS Outlook. The process takes place directly without any conversion of files, thus saving a lot of time. Use the link below to get the trial edition to know what the application can do.
Steps to Move Emails from Yahoo Mail to MS Outlook
Get the setup file from here and install the toolkit on the desired devices. Follow up the steps and generate the result within no time.
- Firstly, launch the toolkit right after the installation and enter the Yahoo account credentials. Hit the login button to proceed.
Note: Create an App Password for a Yahoo Account to get authorization to use the tool using Yahoo Settings.
- Soon all the files will load to the software interface. Use the check box to select the emails as in the folders.
- From the same tab select the PST or IMAP from multiple saving options. Browse a location if PST format is selected.
- For the IMAP option enter the sign-in details of IMAP and your Outlook account.
- Then, go to the Filter option and set up the desired fields.
- After completing all the above steps, press the Start Backup button to initiate the process.
Use the same application to
Which one to Choose to Import Yahoo Data to MS Outlook?
Since this write-up has multiple solutions, we will describe why using an automated method is more adaptable. The manual approach on the other hand is meant to give a free method to transfer emails from Yahoo mail folders to MS Outlook accounts thus it comes with limitations.
- Simple Approach
The backup application we mentioned here is the best for simple and direct migrations of emails from Yahoo to Outlook Account. Most importantly users with or without technical skills can follow up the steps without any hassle.
- Batch Migration Feature
An entire folder can be selected from the list of Yahoo data within the tool. Thus, we can effortlessly perform batch migration of Yahoo data to Outlook. Selecting an entire folder i.e., INBOX, Draft, Sent, etc.
- No Requirement for any Configuration
At any point in this method, we don’t require the user to configure or add any account to any email client. The complete procedure to import Yahoo Mail folders to Outlook is done within the tool itself. For login purposes, Yahoo users need to create a password
If the need is to import Yahoo mail folders to Outlook in the simplest way possible, a third-party tool is the best as we have discussed the reasons to stick to the MacUncle tool. Moreover, The program has advanced capabilities that let you pick or deselect folders, apply filters, take a backup, and get a detailed report.
Q1) How can I import my sent emails from Yahoo to my Outlook Account?
A1) After configuring your Yahoo account in the software, use the check box to select the Sent folder. Else use the filter option to add a single email address to import only from that ID.
Q2) Can I transfer Yahoo small business emails to MS Outlook?
A2) Yes. Enter the Yahoo Business Mail credentials to the software and perform the similar steps as mentioned here.