How to Open PST File without Outlook on Mac?
From this article, you will get complete information on how to open PST files on Mac without Microsoft Outlook installation. Check out the perfect solution to open the Outlook .pst extension files on a Macintosh computer.
You can easily change PST Outlook to *.mbox and move MBOX files into Apple Mail. Since Apple Mail is the default email program available on the Mac OS we can use it to open PST files on Mac without Outlook.
What are Outlook PST Files?
PST or personal storage table (.pst), file format is used to store messages, calendars, and other items within Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook.
A PST file holds POP3, IMAP, and web-based mail account Outlook data from a user, containing all mail files and folder objects, such as addresses, email attachments, to-do items, and more. Usually, the .pst file extensions can’t be accessed without Outlook.
Go through the below section to get the idea of opening PST files on a Mac Computer.
Know the Methods to Open PST files on a Mac computer
If you want to open PST files on Mac and get the email messages without Outlook installation. Try the Mac PST Viewer tool which displays the messages on the software. The tool quickly loads the PST files that are sorted with all the attributes such as From, To, Subject, Sent, Received, etc. from which the user can open the files. Open all the Outlook PST Files on a Mac Machine for free of cost without any limitations.
How to Convert Outlook PST and Get Files in Apple Mail?
In order to open & save the PST file on Mac OS, another solution is to switch PST file format using PST to MBOX Converter. Simply carry out the steps of converting PST files and then import the resultant .mbox file to the Mac mailing application.
The toolkit comes with a trial version using which one can convert 25 Outlook PST with the attached documents and later upgrade to the advanced version – the Pro version to convert without any limitations. Both versions provide all the features of conversion.
Using these techniques you will get accurate results on Mac email Applications without losing any information in the email file. Follow the below-given sections and get the backup of the PST file on Apple Mail.
- First, Start the tool & choose one option from Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) for uploading PST Files in the software GUI.
- Select all or specific Email files from the software window and click on the Next button.
- Select MBOX file format from the Select saving Option from option according to the requirement.
- Browse a destination path for storing the converted emails/documents and Press the Export button.
- The Mac PST Conversion process is running, please wait for a while.
At last, it will automatically open the destination path so that users can easily retrieve their resultant emails. Further, you can easily import the so-formed .pst file to Apple Mail.
Procedure to Get the Resultant File in Mac Mail
- Start by opening Apple Mail.
- Go to the File option on Menu and choose Import Mailboxes.
- There in the Import Window, choose the Other option to import data and then tap on the Continue button.
- Now pick the MBOX files and then press the Messages button and then click the Choose button.
- Select the MBOX file that is supposed to be imported and click on the continue button.
- As soon as the process completes, a folder named Import will appear on Apple Mail which consists of all the files and folders.
There you can easily open the PST file on Mac OS after following all the above-mentioned steps in order.
Also, try out the application to add MBOX files to Mac Mail Accounts.
Some Projecting Features of Software – Open .pst File on Mac OS
- Simple & User–Friendly GUI: Products from MacUncles are well known for their Interface and simple-to-execute conversion phase steps. Within a few simple taps, you can convert.
- Open Selective Files or Folders: Using the software one can easily execute batch conversion of PST or selective conversion of Outlook PST files.
- Preserves the Email Structure: PST files are email files that consist of several properties and components such as Subject, To, From, Signature, etc., and different file attachments. All these components and properties are well maintained even after the conversion.
- Different Naming Pattern: The toolkit possesses a variety of features out of which file naming options is vital one consisting of different file naming pattern in the combination of subject From, Date, etc.
- Save the resultant file on Destination: The tool gives you the right to save files in PST file format at the desired destination. Using this one can easily store the PST files in the desired location and get the file easily.
Also, check out: Open Outlook PST File in Thunderbird
The article above will give you the complete information to open PST files on Mac OS in a few simple clicks. Without Microsoft Outlook it is not possible to get the details in PST files. Therefore, get the free application to get the information of Outlook *.pst files or convert the PST file to the File format supported by Apple Mail which is pre-installed on the system. And then, open the file easily.