How to Copy or Download Outlook Emails to Hard Drive on Mac?
Summary: The write will take you to the procedure to save Outlook emails to Hard Drive Mac. Here we will be discussing the manual and the expert-recommended methods to save email files locally. Keeping a complete record of your electronic mail on a hard drive is a smart idea whether you’re running a personal business or just wish to retain a thorough record of your email for other reasons.
“Hi, I have been trying to print out the Outlook emails. Beforehand I need the backup of those files for future use. I am looking for a method that would copy all my important data from the MS Outlook account. Could you please suggest a simple tool?”
“I am working as Project trainee in one the company. I am using MS Outlook as my official email client. Since I am working in a team, my role includes collecting email documents. Is there any simple method to save the Outlook emails in PDF document format? If yes, please help me out.”
Follow the article and get the suitable method from the application.
Why & How: Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive Mac
Downloading the email files from an Outlook account is one of the common things Outlook users do. Due to different reasons, users are willing to find a secure solution to save the email files locally. Here are the main
a.) To Share Email Data: It’s simple to exchange data if you have a backup or copy of it saved on an external/internal hard disc. Outlook emails saved on your hard drive can easily be shared, and you can also save them with attachments.
b.) Data backup: Creating a data backup on a local or external device is a secure solution to protect the email data. When it comes to Outlook emails, a backup stored on the hard drive can secure the data in the event of data loss, data deletion, or a security incident.
c.) Move Data: If you’re switching to new devices, transferring data from one device to another, or coping with forgotten passwords, having your outlook emails saved on your hard drive will make all of the above procedures much easier.
Also, find out the technique to convert Outlook email to PDF with Attachments.
Two different Method to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
- Common Technique to Backup Outlook Emails
- Expert Solution to Save Outlook Emails with Attachments
#1 Method to Download Outlook Emails locally
Here is the simple and common practice of saving Outlook Mac emails.
1. Open the Outlook app on your Mac. At the top, you’ll see a list of options. Click ‘File.’
2. Start Mac Outlook and navigate the File option from the menu list.
3. Then, click on the Export option in the drop-down menu.
4. A new window will pop up – Export to Archive file – to select the required data. Then, press the Continue button.
5. Further, choose a destination location to store the *.olm files.
6. Finally, press the Continue button.
Limitations: To perform this method, the user must have Outlook installed in the system. For those who are here to find a solution without Outlook try out the automated method.
Bulk Method – Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive Mac
Download Email Backup Wizard to save Outlook emails to a hard drive Mac. Extract the email data in different file formats ranging from document to email format. Also, with the application one can easily move Outlook emails from one email client to another.
The working of the tool:
1. Start the tool on Mac OS and choose the required Email client – Outlook.
2. Enter the parameter of the Outlook account to the field provided. Press the Login button.
3. As a result, the tool scans and loads all the Outlook folders on the software interface. Choose any of the folders – Send, Draft, Inbox, etc. to save.
4. Go to Select Saving Option and opt for any file format – EML, MBOX, MSG, PDF, Doc, Txt, Thunderbird, etc.
5. Also, browse the location to store the email files to any desired path. Whatever the location is, the tool will open up after completing all processes.
6. Then press the Start Backup to initiate the procedure.
Trial Limitation: The free edition of the tool allows saving 20+ email files locally to Mac hard drive. Moreover, it gives an insight into the tools working and the features offered. To download unlimited email files, use the licensed package. However, the trial edition has all the features that are included in the licensed or professional version.
We have described both manual and automated solutions for all scenarios. For a quick solution get the third-party application. As MacUncle is ambitious to create the simple and best software for esteem users. We develop tools for users from all sectors regardless of their background. Thus, go through all the articles.